1978-1983 Malibu, Monte Carlo, El Camino, Cutlass, Grand Prix, Regal Crossmember – 400 w/frame extension
Fits the following transmissions: TH400, 2004R. Finished in a black powder coat. Includes new mounting hardware. Purchase transmission mount separately. P/N GMTM.
- P/N RCG-400k installation notes:
- On all 78-88 G body crossmembers, the passenger side hump is the taller of the two.
- On some installations, it is necessary to remove the catalytic converter heat shield from the passenger side floor pan.
- This generation of vehicle is prone to body bushing compression, even with some southern vehicles. If the floor pan is too close to allow installation, it may be necessary to replace the body bushings. Some customers have reported that with slight interference instances, they have been able to gently lift the floor pan with the assist of a floor jack and a wood cushion, thus providing the required clearance for installation.
- The crossmember is installed so that the exhaust clearance humps are closed on the top and open on the bottom.
- The RCG-400 is bolted to the rear set of frame holes on the driver’s side frame rail.
- 84 85 86 87 88 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 Monte Carlo Cutlass Malibu El Camino Regal GS Grand Prix TH400 2004R 200R4