Southside Machine is back!
- On August 3rd 2017
- By GForce Performance Products
In 1959, Southside Machine began its history with co-owner Louis H. Gilbert. Gilbert was on a mission to increase the traction on his A/GAS Willys Pickup. He eventually created his “Lift Bar Traction Devices,” eliminating the wheel hop on his racers. In today’s racing world, we know these products as traction bars, and soon after perfecting these devices, Gilbert began selling his products to racers looking for new ways to enhance performance. These front traction bars were legal on the street and the track, allowing racers to experiment without losing convenience. Later, in 1964, Gilbert began engineering traction bars for coil spring vehicles. Around the same time, GM’s intermediate cars, Chevelles and GTOs all began using coil springs. This led South Side Machine to be one of the most prevalent brands for GM and Ford racers.
Recently, in 2015, Advanced Resources, out of Akron, Ohio, took ownership of the South Side Machine brand. They immediately began using modern technology to make upgrades to the South Side parts. The entire product lineup has been reengineered with better materials and production methods, meeting the demands of the current performance automotive market. The new and improved South Side traction bars and control arms contain high-strength, boxed steel tubing and Delrin Bushings. They are currently available and shipping for both GM and Ford vehicles.
Advanced Resources also houses many GForce Performance Products for racers and performance enthusiasts. Learn more at: www.SouthsideMachine.com.